Wednesday, January 23, 2008

learners' role + teachers' role

Sometimes we don't really think about why we are using ICT for a particular lesson. We used it more because we are 'forced to' perhaps.
After this session, I am determined and convinced that I must from now use ICT purposefully. Learners' roles must vary according to the context and task. Sometimes we get so caught up in our work that we assume their roles to stay constant. This stiffles the use of ICT and hence, we have failed to integrate the use of ICT effectively in our teaching.
I think this may also lead to teachers not fully convinced to use ICT.
Whatever it is, I think it is important (not just for us teachers but for pupils too) to understand why they are using ICT.
I must make a more conscious effort to do this ;)

No comments: